Going onto keto means that I miss out on Chinese food. It’s combination of sauce, breading and noodles makes the whole cuisine clash with a ketogenic diet. I concocted a Chinese sausage hash to have for breakfast. It has all of the hits: Chinese sausage, garlic and ginger. It also works with keto: meat, fibrous vegetables and low carb.
- 4 Chinese sausages
- 1 cup cole slaw mix
- 1/4 white onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp mayo
- Pre-heat a non-stick frying pan on medium heat.
- Chop up the sausages and onions and put them in the pan.
- Spoon in garlic, ginger and hoisin.
- Add in cole slaw mix.
- Cover and let fry up until the sausage picks up signs of searing.
- Add in 2 eggs in and mix thoroughly.
- Cover again and cook until the egg cooks.
- Serve and top with mayo and soy sauce
To tweak the stats, the hoisin could be replaced with Chinese five spice.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs.
The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.